Friday, April 3, 2009

Priceless!

This week's cookie adventure took shape in a most unexpected place. As I stopped at a light on Orange Avenue in downtown Orlando, I noticed a gentleman standing by the intersection holding a sign..."Hungry". I could not overlook his hopeless expression. He seemed genuinely hungry. I knew I was very low on funds and reluctantly started to drive on.

Then I remembered the bag of chocolate chunk cookies that were in the back seat from the day before. I rolled down the window and told the man I did not have any money, but had a bag of homemade chocolate chunk cookies. Fully expecting him to be disappointed by my lack of money, I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction. "HOMEMADE?!!!!" he said, in a delighted inquisitive tone. He rushed to my window to take the bag of cookies and treated them with reverence like I had given him something of great value. A big, toothless grin and thank you was what I received in return...PRICELESS!

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment