Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Best Friends In The Universe

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I have the best friends in the entire universe. Yesterday I dropped off a basket of cookies and when I returned to the office less than an hour later, the coolest e-card was waiting for me. My goofy friends sent the hugs I dropped off right back to me.

The cool friend stories don't end there. Kenda, Vicky and my mom all pitched in to help me cater Bree's rehearsal dinner when I broke down from the loss of my good friend, Mary Helen. They endured hours on their feet with nothing more in return from me than a great big hug and thank you. Vicky even stayed behind and cleaned my kitchen.

A couple of weeks ago when I was having a major panic attack about the annual Christmas party, Vicky dropped everything to help me pull it off. She organized things, cut veggies, basically did anything I needed, but most of all she calmed me down and made everything OK.

I have always been one that had a very difficult time accepting the help of others. I wanted to be the one giving the help. The last few weeks have taught me an important lesson...that it is OK to accept help. I also was reminded of something I always knew. I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!

Many Hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment