Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Dennis

My friend Dennis makes the most amazing chocolate chip cookies. Last week he shared the recipe with me and I finally had the opportunity to make them this weekend. Unfortunately I cooked mine a little too long, but they were delicious anyway. Dennis, thanks for sharing!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup real butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups nuts (I used toasted mixed nuts)
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal (then grind in a blender)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cream first five ingredients. Mix in dry ingredients, except chips and nuts...add them last. Combine all ingredients. Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully!

Tip: While they tasted great, my first attempt was a little dry. I baked mine for 13 minutes, but will cut it down to 11 or 12 minutes next time. I also measured the 2 1/2 cups of oatmeal after it was ground. Next time I will follow Dennis' directions and measure the raw oatmeal instead, prior to grinding.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment