Monday, September 28, 2009

Nellie's Cookie

Yesterday when I walked into work at Costco, I received the most amazing gift. Nellie, the Manatee Coffee demonstrator and fellow avid baker, had baked the night before. She told me to stop by her demo area for a treat. Carefully wrapped in parchment, were 2 beautiful sandwich cookies for me to enjoy later...5 minutes later. Two light butter cookies were sandwiched together with caramel and the edges rolled in finely shredded coconut, almost like coconut dust. This cookie was one of the best I have ever tasted. It was so good it literally melted in my mouth. I ran over to Nellie's area again, this time to request the recipe. Nellie's parents were German and she was raised in Argentina, so her recipe is in the metric system. She promised to copy it down for me next week. Somehow I will translate it into something I can post and bake. It is just that good! The power of good cookies was out in full force yesterday. Time for a happy dance.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment