Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Very Special Request

Yesterday I spent a couple of the best hours ever...in a hospital room in the cancer center at Florida Hospital Altamonte with my hero Mary Helen, her boyfriend Ron and my friend Rita. Mary Helen is in a battle with cancer and cancer is hitting her with everything its got. And yet, I have never seen a person exude more life and positive energy than MH did. We talked about politics, my silly blogs, the horrible hospital food, dogs, tumors, pain. We talked about life. We laughed...a lot! We cried...a little.

When I mentioned that I wanted to re-invent myself and maybe becoming a nutritionist to fix the horrible hospital food situation was the way to go, MH asked me to leave...to leave right now...to start culinary school. I would love to oblige, but financial reality won't let me. She then asked for some cookies. This I can do. I happily baked Tropical Escape Cookies and Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies and dropped them off to the hospital this morning.

Yesterday was a magical day thanks to my hero, Mary Helen.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment