Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cookies Never Go On Vacation

This week Mike and I are on vacation in Raleigh, North Carolina visiting my son Ryan. Ryan's birthday was on Tuesday, so Monday I pulled out the chocolate chunks, pecans, butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baked away. This time I used some dark brown sugar for extra depth of flavor and added almost two cups of toasted pecans instead of the usual 1 1/2 cups. The result was quite good and actually approved by the star quarterback at NC State - Russell Wilson. Tim who? Russell is my new favorite quarterback. He likes my cookies!

Many hugs,

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathy, glad you all are having a good time!! How did you enjoy the pressbox?? Thanks again for all of your work last weekend, dinner, cookies, conversation. Could you please share the pictures of the basket and apron?? I failed to take pictures before we gave it to you. Have a great Thanksgiving. Hugs-Bree's Mom (Phyllis)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phyllis,

    We had a great time on vacation. I will post a picture of the basket and apron and also e-mail it to you. I also plan to post the recipes from the dinner. Check out some of the pictures I posted to diaryofcashstarvedfoodie.blogspot.com

    Thanks again for your thoughtfulness. I loved your gifts.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete