Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Power of a Cookie

Yesterday morning my brother picked up the basket of White Chocolate Blueberry Pecan Cookies I baked the night before. This was not an ordinary basket of cookies. This was a basket with a purpose. This was a basket destined to be a part of his office bake sale to raise funds for Second Harvest Food Bank. His face lit up when I presented it to him. I was proud of the results and anxious to hear how his office would respond. Shortly after Michael got to work I got my answer with text messages and photos proclaiming the delight of his co-workers. The really cool thing about the cookies I made is for every one sold for $1.00, it yields $9.00 worth of food to go to a needy family. That means the 25 cookies I made will net $225.00 worth of food for Second Harvest. As I always say...never underestimate the power of a cookie.

Many hugs and more cookies with a purpose,

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Kathy! What a beautiful thing. There should be more people in the world like you :)
    Good is in full force!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan. I am just doing what I love and that is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete