Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Life Well Lived - Day 246

This morning was a celebration of the life of Lula Frances Jones...a life well lived. Lula (Frances) was a woman I never met. Yet somehow as I watched the people that filled the church for her service, I felt like I had known her all my life. She was a woman who took care of those around her. A woman who loved her children with all her heart. A woman who loved to cook good Southern food...and share it with anyone that happened to stop by. She was a woman who loved to eat. A woman after my own heart. My eyes teared up as I watched my friend Dennis mourn her loss. The loss of his mother. I was sad I never met this woman who was so important to so many. Once again I was moved by just how many people are touched by the well lived life of just one.

Tonight after wolfing down a Salmon Cobb Salad assembled from Easter leftovers, I began to make Sugar Cookie dough for a First Communion Cookie Basket for my friend Rose. She is leaving for North Carolina to attend the First Communion service for her granddaughter and asked me to make something special for her to take. As I cut the dough with the cross cookie cutters, I thought this was a perfect way to end this special day.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment