Friday, May 28, 2010

Does Size Matter?

Suddenly my dreams of a cookie business actually seem within reach. I found a commercial kitchen available for rent, researched the real start up costs and am talking about it to anyone who will listen.

Last night I got out all four of my cookie scoops...from small to extra large and experimented on a batch of Toasted Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Does size really matter? I decided to find out. I began with the extra large scoop...looks kind of like a standard ice cream scoop. Increasing the cooking time slightly for the larger size, I baked two pans with very good results. I think this size may work best for single cookie sales at the farmer's market. Problem is one batch only yields about 16 LARGE cookies. Next step...pricing. I will have to get back to you on that one.

Many hugs,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment