Thursday, February 19, 2009

Disastrous Visit from the Cookie Monster

Not all cookie adventures are fun. Last night is a prime example. I tried a new recipe from my favorite Martha Stewart's Cookies cookbook with disastrous results.

The recipe was for Pistachio Lemon Cookies. My friend Ali mentioned she likes lemon cookies and I intended to surprise her with some for our lunch meeting today. I was the one in for the surprise. I followed the recipe exactly; molding the resulting "dough"...um, "gravel" into unappetizing blobs and placing on the cookies sheets. "Surely these will bake into the beautiful cookies featured in Martha's book", I thought as I put them into the oven.

When the timer went off, I anxiously opened the oven door only to find...melted unappetizing gravel blobs. Oh well, I guess all winning streaks have to come to an end sometime. Tonight I am going to attempt to start a new streak.

Tip: Do NOT try the Pistachio Lemon Cookies from Martha Stewart's Cookies cookbook!

Many hugs (I need them after last night),

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. You really should write Martha's company about that. Maybe they'd let you come on her show so she could show you how she makes them. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could send her the recipe for sausage-stuffed cucumbers with a note... Enjoy! =]
    - Mashababy

    ReplyDelete